The Adventurer of the Year started in 2005 with the purpose to appoint a male and a female winner for outstanding outdoor performance in the concept of adventure each year.
There are people who perform the most astonishing adventure and through this award we wish to highlight the desire and determination that these people possess and that shows that anything is possible
To be nominated for the The Adventurer of the Year you should have accomplished an adventure out in nature somewhere in the world in the last 12 months. The nominee need not to be public known before hand, this award is open to everyone. The prize consists of the honor and recognition of achievement and the winners presented in connection with the Wilderness Fair each year.
Nominate some one you know or maby yourself by clicking on the link “Nominate” here.
The purpose of the award is to award a male and female adventurer, and to highlight and clarify the adventure as a phenomenon and the desire and incentive to invest and implement.
Selection criteria for The Adventurer of the Year:
1. No requirement that the person won any type of competition or racing.
2. Performance must have occurred in nature, anywhere in the world.
3. Performance shall be made within one year from the price dividend date.
4. People must be Swedish citizens.
5. Winners need not to be "public / known".
6. They must accept that we use their name and pictures in the future.
7. We will nominate a man and a woman each year.
8. Individuals must be able to attend the award ceremony in connection with the Wilderness Fair in mid-March
Winners need not be known before then, the price consists of the honor and recognition of the achievement. All of these criteria have been fulfilled by the previous winners Simone Moro and Ola Skinnarmo and Vera Simonsson in 2009, Jan Corax and Nadine Saulnier in 2008, Renata Chlumska and Fredrik Sträng 2007, Kenny Wallström and Barbro Lindman in 2006 and Rune Larsson and Annie Seel who won in 2005.